Has anyone ever expierenced an itchy scalp with little red bumps (kind of like pimples) all over your head?

My husband and I both are experiencing this, and it is terrible.. My scalp is also very sensitive and sort of hurts while I put my fingers through my hair. Any thoughts besides lice? I know we do not have that :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Health

• I was going to say lice because that was the reaction I got when I was in gradeschool and got it -it was an allergic reaction to it.. otherwise I don't know.. good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It could be your shampoo and conditioner. Sometime the wrong type of moisturzers in your shampoos can cause that.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Allergic reaction to a product would be my first guess.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• chiggers, lice....idk go to a dermatologist
    Anonymous

• Definitely not lice. Maybe bed bugs?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If I use stuff that's way too moisturizing I get those same things. I change it up, and it seems to go away.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sounds a lot like folliculitis. Try a "yeast cleanse" supplement from your local health food store for about a month and switch to sulphate free shampoo.
    Dawn0522

Answer by Dawn0522 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Might be folliculitis. I'd see your family doctor.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 2:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I can say it's lice with almost no uncertainty. We went through this TWICE last summer and it sucks! Try this and see what happens. Completely cover your hair in olive oil and leave on over night. Do this every 4 days for at least a month. It will kill lice and eggs eventually. Get a good lice comb to comb through your entire head. Do not get the plastic ones! Also, the "treatment" doesn't work - we tried it. We even had the 5x strength one from the doctor and that didn't work either. This will work if you keep doing it every 4 days. If it's not lice and you do the olive oil it won't hurt your hair - it will make it shine!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would say dermatologist, for an accurate diagnosis.
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2010