Staying for kids=bad idea? What about staying for kids + an education?

Why should I run away and go on welfare while I work a dead end job while he keeps the lifestyle? What's wrong with me playing nice for the kids sake while getting a degree? I think it makes sense in the long run, don't you?

He's not a cheater btw. Just a damn liar.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• There is Nothing Wrong with staying until you get your Degree- if you can Hang in There i think it is a very wise decision! Wishing you lots of luck!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 3:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I don't know what I would do in that situation bc I've never been there, but as long as you two don't fight and yell in front of the kids and they feel that both of you give your every effort in taking care of them, I don't see anything wrong with it. Just do what is best for the kiddos in the long run. Good luck.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It's your life. Not something I would do. It always causes a great deal of stress to the kids. The parents always seem to think the kids are too stupid to see what is going on....they are way more aware than most adults give them credit for.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If I were in that situation, I would stay until I had compleated my degree
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I stayed with my ex for 20+ years for all the "right" reasons. Mainly the kids. But, my kids, now grown, will tell you that, although we did hide the majority of it, they weren't blind to the fact that it was not the way a relationship should be.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• So you're just going to stay with him, knowing that you don't love him anymore? It's almost like you're just taking advantage of him. If I were married and found out that my husband only stayed with me until he could get a degree, then planned to dump me, I'd feel used. Think about how YOU would feel if YOU were in that situation. Is that the sort of example you want to set for your children?

If you don't love him anymore, and plan to leave, then just leave. JMO.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My sister just left her husband, she has two boys grown up. They say it's not any easier when they are older. Most still hate the thought of their parents getting divorced, no matter what the age. If you can deal with it through your degree, go for it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Staying only brings damage to kids in the long run....I am 24 and my dad stayed with my mom because of us.....and now my sisters cant even see when they are being played by their husband and boyfriend. That has actual made my sisters be more dependent on a man. But they hold onto the past so much that they cant move forward with a new beginning. The same as my mother and father....they have been married for 30 years and are about to get a divorce. They both actual wasted each other time for the sake of their kids...3 girls...1 single, 1 jobless boyfriend, and 1 with a cheating husband. All because they dont want to be alone and the single one refuse to deal with an unstable man.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 4:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Well, it's really up to you. You have to do what you think is best.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 2:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It is your life and if you think it would benefit you and your children in the long run then go for it!
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010