twin newborns will not sleep without mommy

if i put them in the bed with me they pass right out.. they love it.... but as soon as i move them to the bassinet beside the bed they scream their head off...

helppppppp

and yes all their needs are met.. feeding, diaper changing, burping, etc

FITmama2B

Asked by FITmama2B at 2:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can buy the bear that has the little heart bet in it for both of them so they think that you are there and i bet that would try it ....good luck
    southerngirl717

Answer by southerngirl717 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Are they in separate bassinets or in the same one together. My twins had to sleep together for quite a while. They've been "attached at the hip" since the day they were conceived. LOL. They long for that closeness they had in the womb.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• The things that worked for me were swaddling, swing, and boppy. I think all of those things make them feel snuggled and secure and help them sleep. The swing and the boppy were really useful for us up until about 4 or 5 months, but we continued swaddling until about a year and a half (arms out after they could roll). GL!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• they r in the same bassinet.... they just love cuddling up next to me but im so afraid of sids
    FITmama2B

Comment by FITmama2B (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• They sleep well with you partly because the bed smells like you. I used to take a shirt I'd worn for the day and wrap it tightly around the bassinet mattress. Along with a good swaddle, they learned to love it in there.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Grab a clean piece of clothing that has your scent and put it around them! They will hopefully recognize your scent and go right to sleep!
    mommyoftoddlers

Answer by mommyoftoddlers at 4:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Are you breastfeeding them? If you are, they are probably safer in bed with you, it lowers the risk of SIDS. Check out the info at Should I sleep with my baby?

Babies are hard wired to not be left alone to sleep.

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would recommend putting them in their bassinet from the start, and then maybe sitting in a chair next to them where you can be seen and heard,as well as pat them as they are going to sleep. This would be a change for them but they still have the security of knowing that Mommy is still there. They will probably cry until they get used to the idea.....I don't recommend the CRY IT OUT method. If they need consoling after a few minutes....then it is ok to console them...but stick with the routine of placing them back in their bassinet. After a week or so they will become used to this routine.

www.thepreemiebaby.com
    PreemieHUG

Answer by PreemieHUG at 12:43 AM on Nov. 2, 2010