las vegas-

DH has vacation time saved up and we're talking about going to Las Vegas for my birthday.

we can stay at a hotel that we've been to before, which was OK, but I think I'd like to stay downtown this time. It would cost us more, but I figure that if we stay at the cheaper place it will be a lot less convenient. If we play cards we do so down town, eat downtown often along with some other places mid strip.

Dh thinks that the cheapest place would be good to spend the money on other things.
Just no sure, don't think it would be worth it if we have to spend so much time running back and forth.

the Cheap one has a pool and a hot tub while the place down town doesn't, but you can use the facilitates at other places.

so it's between america's best (cheapest and technically off strip) and main street station downtown.

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would say stay downtown...more pros than cons in my mind.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 2:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Shop around early you can get great rates at most hotels right now b/c they want the business. Have Fun Vegas is one of my favorite places,;)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i have never stayed off strip but i know you can get a room for like 20-30 at circus circus... i love the strip! but it is expensive to eat and shop and gamble... but then again you save money on cabs.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We stay at the Belliago and have every year for the past 6. We love it. However the thing is it is expensive. You can find great rates on the internet. I say go for a little nicer hotel and enjoy walking every where.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 3:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Circus Circus is horrible.....Stay downtown.
    NevadaSky

Answer by NevadaSky at 2:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We stayed at the Luxor last time, it was nice and we got a great rate on the internet.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 3:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010