About burping...

I was wondering how old a baby had to be before discontinuing to burp if you even do so?
Thanks! Kelly and Hunter

LuvBeinganAKMom

Asked by LuvBeinganAKMom at 2:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That depends on the child honestly. Some children require assitence in burping for a long period, whereas others (like my son) never required assistence. I would suggest not burping them for one or two feedings and see how their body reacts. If their body builds up then continue to help in burping them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• tell he starts doing it by hisself or you will have a baby with a upset stomach and gas pains throwing up.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think you can stop at around 3-4 months.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• do it as long as they need it. my son hated being burped and wouldnt burp, you could get him to puke but not burp... so for him from the time we figured it out... which was about 2 weeks...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sometimes Hunter doesn't like to be burped. When that happens I usually give him a break. Sometimes he will burp on his own but, burping him still helps sometimes especially if he is cranky during or after his feeding. Thanks for your answers ladies!

Kelly and Hunter
    LuvBeinganAKMom

Comment by LuvBeinganAKMom (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2010