I may sound like im...

Addicted to hydrocodone and probably am but I took my last pill sunday morning,I have until the 9th to get my refill.I need some soo bad and I am on them for pain and past surgerys.They get me going too so I can care for my family and clean my home.I think I am ocd too because I can't stand to let anything build up in my home dishes,etc..without the med I can.barely get up in the morning much less clean.I took more this month also due to a bad tooth.Does anyone know what is good to take for pain and energy?I heard u can buy poppy seed at ur grocery store and boil them and drink it for the opium.Anyone know of this or something like it.I need to get going can't stand not doing anything.Be frank if u must,just only if u are famalier with this sort of thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Health

• No, poppy seeds won't work. Talk to your doctor, you shouldn't not be able to function like this.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes, you sound addicted and you probably are! What you need to do is talk to your doctor about this. With your dr's help consider weening your self off. You can't plan on taking Hydro's for the rest of your life. Try Extra strength Ibuprophen. I don't understand how this med can give you strength? Maybe a high...and that's why you feel wired after. I had to take these after a Csection and felt like death after taking it.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My husband is on hydrocodone for a herniated disk in his back, so I can definately understand. if you've been on them constantly for a while straight you're definately addicted to them, but if you're taking them for pain then it's understandable. My husband cannot get out of the bed without his medicine either he can't function. There's been a few times he's ran out before his refill. There is really nothing you can take that can be close to the vicodin/lorcet that you're taking now. Good luck though.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• it sounds like you need to be candid with your doctor. i take b vitamin complex for energy i had post partum probs so i found this to help.
    bzyblondmomof5

Answer by bzyblondmomof5 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If you already admit that you may be an addict, you should consider to go to a rehab center?.. Before it gets worst?
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You need to open up to your doctor. It does sound like you're addicted.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• go to the docter your addicted its only going to get worse i am a former addict you need help now before you destroy your life over this i am not joking it cvan get so far out of control before you relise its happened you think you fell bad now times that by ten and thats how i use to fell. GET HELP NOW!!!
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• PLEASE any body who takes pills like this as soon as your pains gone throw them away you do not want to go through this hell ..
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 2:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You are addicted, if you need them to function is your daily life, you're dependent on drugs, therefore you have a problem. I watched my sister suffer with opiate addiction for years. She had a major back surgery where she was on morphine for a while, then down graded to lower grade pain pills like anexia and vicodin. She then started doubling, tripling, and quadrupling her dosages just so she could get the same feeling she had while on morphine. I watched her progress from prescriptions to street drugs within a matter of a couple years. Get a hold of yourself while you can. Get in touch with your doctor and they can work with you to get you weaned off of the meds. Rehab is a great way to get information, support, and tools to help you cope with your life without the assistance of drugs.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 3:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010