what do you know about tubes?

My jasmine is going to be see the specialist for her ears and our famliy doc says she might need tubes. I want to know the up and downs from parents of kids with tubes

3momamber

Asked by 3momamber at 2:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Tubes are great! My daughter went from being almost deaf to being able to hear and SPEAK! :) I LOVE it! She is 3 1/2 and couldn't even hear to speak to me until a few months ago and it still brings tears to my eyes. :)

She did however have an infection inside her eardrum when they did the first surgery so they had to redo it because the eardrum pushed the tubes out... but other than that it has been the best thing ever. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Mine got ear tubes at 16 months and has not had an ear infection for a long time. She did get ear infection after the tubes were placed due to the one tube having a blood clot in it and not draining properly, once the blood clot came out of tube naturally we have not had problems. There are people saying don't, but my DD was getting so many ear infections that her hearing was affected. I could not let that continue. At 21 months old she is still not talking.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We're in the same boat; DS is going for another consult with the ENT at the end of this month and we plan to just ask for the tubes at this point. Good luck.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 10:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I don't know but gave you a bump.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:18 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I worked at a day care & there was a 14 month old who couldn't walk and was always sick. He got tubes & started walking the next week!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 12:17 AM on Nov. 5, 2010