Does anyone work with a tattletale at their job? How do you deal?

I think it is so disgusting when adults do this. The things this person tattles on are so laughable. I have never gotten in trouble for them, but it does get on my nerves after awhile.

Shanna84

Asked by Shanna84 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• They make your work life miserable. Luckily the one at my work transferred to another location. Friday was his last day. Rather then giving him a going away party on Friday...we had a Thank Goodnness He's Gone party today. It was the best day at work in over 3 years!!! We just had to put up with his crap because instead of seeing through his lies, fakeness and butt-kissing the boss loved having her ego stroked and thought he could do no wrong. Disgusting since he never did even half the work that the rest of us do. Hope your situation gets better.
    psgilbert

Answer by psgilbert at 9:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I ignore them. They are usually looking to gain something from it, thinkin by tattling they will look like a loyal employee. From a managers stand point, to me it just looked like that person couldn't get along with everyone in the work place.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Brownnosers? That is what they called them on Wall Street back in the 80's. They usually get transferred after the supervisor leaves or get a buyout or think they are getting a promoiton to another area. Then they realize they were blown off , can't handle the change and decide to leave....
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sometimes I really want to be a tattletale. We have people, I should say men, that get away with things we women don't, for example leaving early. I try to worry about myself, but sometimes it gets bottled up and I feel like tattling. I probably would only do it if it directly affected me, otherwise I try to not let it bother me.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I keep my head down, my mouth shut and my eyes on my own screen. If they are really that insecure in their position that they need to tattle, they can find something to bitch about. At least behaving as *I* should gives me some kind of protection with the boss.

If he sees I'm doing my job and not being a problem, then he can brush off the whiny politics.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010