Scared?

With the election so close, Are you scared?
Regardless of who you are voting for... if the other wins the presidency, what will you do? How will you feel?
I am terrified. I wont say who I am voting for, but I am curious how you feel?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 12:33 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• lol there's nothing to be terrified about.
    I am worried about this country being taken way too far left, and of becoming unacceptably socialist.
    I think people who think Obama is affiliated with Muslim extremists are kind of stupid.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:34 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I think alot of people are scared right now. This election year is like no other. I think the American people have alot to be afraid of these days and they just want the best person for the job. Unfortunately, with this election, there are alot of people who are unhappy with both sides, myself included. All we can do is hope that who ever gets in understands our fears and works very hard in the next four years to help us.
    Su-Z-Q

Answer by Su-Z-Q at 12:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I believe there is nothing to be scared about. Regardless of who wins, the country will not change. At least for a very long time. The election itself is what scares me. How can we turn such an event into such Hollywood Hype? Because that is what it has become. Not a true, honest election, but a way for others to make money. Of course. These candidates can do nothing to change the way the country is run, no matter what nonsense they feed. It is what it is. I think our country is run by much higher political powers and that one of these candidates will take his place as a pawn. That is all.
    Anonymous

• I am not scared, I still have faith in the american ppl to do something if whoever becomes president get outa hand
    Anonymous

• I share in your concerns ! I am scared for our country. The hatred and anger is boiling over...The politicians are stirring up the pot and who is going to fix it?

It is scary!!! Where are we headed? Fighting, bickering, lying, ....If you are not scared...you will be!

No matter who gets elected...There is going to be one hell of a mess to clean up ...mostly because of this election! Not to mention the economic situation! Oye Vey!

Be Afraid...Be Very Afraid!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:39 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• We are being lulled to sleep by the pretty words and the pretty people who are going to lead our Country into such dependency and suppression that in a few years we won't recognize ourselves as a "free country."
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• i'm not scared for myself... i don't put my trust in the government or president whoever it is...

I am scared for this Nation.. I will say who I'm supporting and that Is McCain.

I'm scared if Obama gets in he will take us someplace we'll never recover from. Ppl will become even more dependent on programs, we will be come a more socialist country, we will have an extremely liberal supreme court with a liberal congress.. they will have complete control of laws, legislation, constitutions... etc. It would be that way for at least 4 years and then we'd have to try and change it when the next elections come around.. but the Supreme Court change would be permanent as they can stay in their for a very long time.... too old or death. That's scary.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Bonn777, is a very good example of a "thinker". She thinks for herself. She makes up her own mind, listening very carefully to all sides. Thanks for your words and your inspiration!! :) I hope that you will go out and teach other young moms how to think for themself!!
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I just thank God I live in a small town. There might be wide spread "social unrest" when the election results are announced, but I don't really think so. First of all the results will be recounted and the news of who wins and who loses will be sort of diffused over 3 or 4 days. Second, everybody who might be predisposed to start something will be waiting for the other guy to start it, and therefore nobody will. Third, most of the regular citizenry will be going about their business as usual. They will be disappointed if the other guy wins, but still determined to be loyal and do what they need to do to make this democracy work.
    Anonymous

• I am always amused that when someone agrees with someone that they are a thinker. Not to say that either of you are or aren't. But, agreeing with someone does not make you right or intelligent on that basis alone.

I am scared for the country no matter the outcome of the election - either way we are still in a shrinking economy, we are still too worried about sides rather than what is right, and we allow religion to have too much of a stronghold in this nation.
    Anonymous