Holy crap.. Christians aren't suppose to coexist?

Why am I just hearing this for the first time? I'm a Christian.. But I coexist with everyone. I just read another post about coexisting and Christians aren't suppose to.. Or don't.. Does that mean I'm not Christian.. Or that I'm.. I don't know an odd one for accepting everyone as they are?

Amelia512

Asked by Amelia512 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My personal view and experiences.

Many Christians do not believe they are supposed to co-exist. Mainly due to the fact that they believe the only path to God/to Heaven/to Salvation is through accepting the Christ as the only means of obtaining these things. Therefore, no other religion is a means to achieve these things. If you do not believe that any other religion is a path to God in any way , shape, or form, then you are not going to co-exist with those religions. Christians actively work to convert other people to their religion, because they believe it is the only way.

Some do Tolerate others (some to do not even tolerate). But not accept *& co-exist in the sense of accepting the other religons as a valid belief/path to God/path to Heaven/Path to salvation.

In order to "co-exist" and accept, one must accept that other religions/spritual paths are a path to God, just as Christianity is a path to God.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• One of the core christian beliefs is that the only way to heaven is through jesus. Everyone else is going to hell.

So no other belief can be tolerated, becase if you believe other than jesus is saviour you will burn.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 2:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I don't believe in anyone else. But I don't choose for everyone. So its not my place to tell them differently.
    Amelia512

Comment by Amelia512 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I have heard people say that christians shouldn't associate with sinners. I do not believe it because Jesus associated with sinners, tax collectors, and whores. When you are around people (all people) you are to let your light shine. sooo I don't understand why anyone would think that.
    Mom2Girls83

Answer by Mom2Girls83 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• The core of christianity is that ther is no other way to heaven. Kind of one of the cornerstones of the belief, jesus or hell. You don't believe in jesus you will go to hell. That is what the bible says.

So they can't co-exist because anything that doesn't believe in jesus the saviour is not of god, therefore from the devil.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 2:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We are to be set apart... be in the world but not OF the world.... its scriptural.
    Jesus did hang around the sinners but .... He was also set apart... as a light shinning into their world. He did not participate in the things they did that were sin but He did have conversations with them.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Huh.. I wonder how all these years I've been raised to accept everyone, and now its a bad thing. Maybe not NOW.. But Now its pointed out. Thats awful..
    Amelia512

Comment by Amelia512 (original poster) at 3:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010