Anyone have a good crock pot vegetable soup recipe?

I want to make some, and I've seen a million recipes on the internet. But...I was wondering if any of you make it and how you do it? :)

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 2:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I make this at least once a month in the winter, the kids love it.
    2-3 lbs ground beef, browned with lots of onions & drained (roast, stew meat, leftover roast, any meat works, hamburger is just the fastest for me)
    46 oz tomato or vegetable juice, I usually use low sodium - less does work but add some water or it's too thick
    2-3 lbs frozen mixed veggies
    No sodium beef boullion - 2-3 packets
    black pepper to taste
    Any other veggies you want - I sometimes chop a potato or two, or add a chopped bell pepper, whatever sounds good

Throw it all in the crock pot, add any other seasonings/herbs you like, and cook for about 4 hours on high. If I don't add potatoes, I'll sometimes add barley or (brown) rice near the end, or cook some pasta to mix in.

Cut in half if you don't have an 8 quart crock pot - it filled mine almost to the brim when I had an 8 qt!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 3:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I make this one in the crockpot all the time in the winter. Fry up hamburger and onion and add to crockpot. Then I add canned: diced tomatoes, corn, green beans, potatoes, carrots. You can also buy cans of Veg All to make it quicker. I add beef broth, a packet of dried onion soup mix, salt, pepper, sometimes some basil, and either garlic powder or garlic cloves. Super easy and my family loves it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 6:27 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Brown hamburger and onion, or use leftover roast beef, cut up. Add potatoes, carrots, celery, and any other vegetables you like. I use green beans, mushrooms, corn, lima beans, northern beans and seasonings. Sometimes I add garlic powder and Italian seasonings or basic and oregano, or just salt and pepper and a bay leaf, or any seasonings you like, and beef broth or tomatoes. whatever leftover vegetables -I add them about an hour before the end. Also add rice or noodles then if you want to
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:25 AM on Nov. 2, 2010