SAHM: Because you are a SAHM, do people ask you for favors constantly?

I swear I get weekly request for favors from my brother to watch his kids, my cousin to watch his kids, my cousin to watch her kids! I'm so sick of it. Just because I'm a SAHM doesn't mean I have time to watch other people's kids. Yeah, some offer to pay me, but I'm too used to my freedom and to watch other people's kids is not a reason why I decided to become a SAHM!
I need an excuse for the next time someone asks me....actually I need to return one cousins phone call explaining why I can't and won't watch his kids 3x a week! Help!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 2:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh I so feel what you mean just because your home does not mean you should be used as a babysitter . If you already have your on child to tend to plus house work when you get a free hour to watch tv or sit on the computer why not. I became a sahm 5 months ago and after the first week I had to tell a few people no I can't help you right now. Dont get me wrong there is nothing wrong with helping out your family, but some people expect things when they could have asked someone else .
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 3:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Explain to them you still have house cleaning and errands to run. That you might could do it just on occasion, maybe if they are in a tight spot. But otherwise you can't do it all the time. Good luck.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I usually say I have to carpool other people to doctor appointments and stores and can not commit myself to babysitting. Otherwise I'd go to work.I know how you feel and I am always the one that carpools the kids from football practice because I am a sahm.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You don't have to explain anything. You can't do it. Tell them I'm sorry I'm unable to help you out.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 3:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Is it going to get in the way of your afternoon Soaps to watch a kid? Poor baby... Not.
    Anonymous