whyy do u ppl think god is real??

if he was would he let little kids get killed, rapped, kidnapped, (ect.) if he would and is real i dont want to worship anyy god who would let that go on. yall sayy he's an almightyy god so whyy wouldnt he stop it??

babyy_blue_eyes

Asked by babyy_blue_eyes at 2:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• My thoughts.

It depends on what you "ideal" of God is.

Some do see God as a person/being that controls everything in the world. Who can either punish people, or rewards people. And the source of suffering and prosperity.
    .
    Some see/view God as the cosmic energy that created the universe itself. And that man is the cause for the suffering or prosperity that many endure during their lives.

Some view God as the essence of all creation that is inside every single being/entity that lives. And that man is the cause of man's own suffering or propserity.

And there are many more ideals/views of what/who "God" is.

How one sees God, would affect the way your question would be answered.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Let me ask you a question... Would you want a God that controls or a God that gives freedom to choose?
    Man screws up.. God does not cause man to screw up.
    The reason why He doesnt stop it is because He gave each of us the freedom to choose right and wrong. He cannot make us choose but He will whisper to let us know in our hearts what is right and wrong.
    If you read the story of the tempation of Jesus... He had the freedom to choose and He choose not to bow down to satan and his twisted lies. We have that same choice.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I believe in God and He helped me learn to spell!
    Sorry poster, I'm inclined to disregard your debate producing post because you can't even get your ridiculous point across without butchering the English language.
    Anonymous

• its not God whos doing the bad thing its the bad people who do it. God gave us a mind and free will. He gave us the 10 commandments that we have to obey.
    Some people do bad things, that is really sad. But they will have to answer to god at some point.
    I know it might be difficult for some to understand but if you believe in god and accepted Jesus as you savior its a wonderful thing.
    You have to see it that way, we on a journey on earth right now, thats not our home just temporary here, passing thru. If you saved you will go to heaven, if not you go to hell.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 3:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I just keep being told I need to have failth.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Why do bad things happen, I don't know for sure but I believe there is a reason. I think we are born for a reason and if bad things didn't happen we wouldn't have a reason to be here on Earth together, we could all stay in Heaven. When bad things happen to us it can teach us to develop empathy towards others, when we see bad things happen to others we can be propelled into action to make things better.

I don't think these reasons make it any easier to see horrific things happen but I believe there are reasons. These are my beliefs and I understand why others don't see it the same way and I respect that,  it is hard to see tragedy, however usually in a tradedy you can also witness the purest goodness of people.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Anon, nasty comment!!!! some of us were not lucky enough to learn as well as you how to spell, you believe in God, but little tolerance for anyone not lucky enough to have an education? God says don't judge, what are you doing here?? shame on you!

Answer by older at 3:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• He does stop lots of things. You have to look at the big picture, not the tiny details.. and if thats the info youre going off of, like your statement, i wouldnt believe he is real either, because until you know, and have stuied the bible, or even PARTS in the bible that explain SIN and so on, just taking up the idea of God wouldnt sound appealing to me either! there are many questions you have to figure out before you ask the one you asked, inform yourself, read a few studies.. look up some things about sin and how it came about and so on... then you can still stick to your opinion.. good luck! things happen in the world, and this isnt supposed to be our "perfect" place.
    vvlinley21

Answer by vvlinley21 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Bad things happen so we can value what is good. People come together for support when things are bad and live contently when you are in the middle. Who said life was supposed to be easy? The appeal for the Christian among other Gods is Heaven/ the afterlife, a place where all is good and we will be able to know and value that since we have seen and known what bad is.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 3:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If she can afford internet or go to the library to use their computers, she can get an education and learn how to spell. And no, I have no tolerance for people who say mean things just to say them. If she REALLY wanted to know about God and why He is the way He is, she couldn't pick up a book (like the Bible) and do some research. The only reason she said what she did was to make people who do believe in God feel bad! So no, considering that she, right now, is acting entirely like Satan, I do not have any tolerance for her because I shall not tolerate the devil.
    Anonymous