parenting a strong willed child.... adult content

i'm thinking of getting the book on parenting the strong willed child, this week...but wanted people's opinion on it first. my dd is 29 months, and stubborn as can be...she's very independent, and has to do things her way.....i feel like we're kind of in a no win situation with our dd....we talked to dh's mom, and she suggested that when dd acts up that we take her to the car, or away from the situation....which is what she wants when she starts throwing a fit, so in a way, we're giving in if we take her away..just an example. anway, opinions on the book?

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 2:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have that book and I think reading it very much is a great idea. it gives wonderful tools on what to do and how to relate to the thinking of a strong willed child.. which helped me a ton.. to change how I was looking at parenting him and how he learned and how to talk so he "heard" what I was trying to say.. also Love and Logic is helping also- I recommend the early childhood book although I have just started it.. but took the parenting class about Love and Logic and loved it.... my son is turning 3 in a week so I understand your frustration
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I have 2 strong willed children and Im learning when to make a battle . I would read as much as I could and do research on the internet.
    I also agree with pp GoodLuck
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 3:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• As a person who is parenting a strong willed child who is now 4.5years old...good luck! I have learned when to battle and when not to battle. I have also used reverse psychology a lot with him.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I've found a book to be very helpful, it's called "Setting limits with your strong willed child". It's very good. I have a 3 year old that i'd gotten so frazzled by that I was in tears almost everyday wondering what am I doing wrong....or worse, what's wrong with her? Nothing is wrong with either of us, just needed the right "tools" and a point in the right direction.
    sofiesmama807

Answer by sofiesmama807 at 3:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2010