Vancouver, B.C. CANADA

Have you ever been? If so, what was your favourite part of your holiday. Would you go back?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Travel

• the food is to die for- get a japadog! And the harbor is beautiful!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 5:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes, I have been. Lots of outdoor things to see and do-hiking, the Butchart Gardens, famous suspension (walking bridge)
    I actually enjoyed the city of Victoria more- very much British influenced- high tea at the Empress Hotel
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I live on Vancouver Island, so a ferry across from Vancouver. ITs an awesome city( the Butchart Gardens, are in victoria, not vancouver) There is alot to do, depending on what time of year you want to go. YOu can go up to Whistler/Blackcomb mountain for the best skiing, go for hike, boat cruise, shopping, theater, shows, festivals, concerts, hockey game(lol) Pretty much endless possibities. This time of year, its a bit rainy, but in the spring/summer its great!
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I've been several times. We enjoyed Science World, the butterfly garden, the various botanical gardens, the PNE, and just seeing the sights. We drove out to Capilano Bridge, but I was too chicken to walk across. We liked looking around downtown and taking the Skytrain everywhere. Whistler is really neat if you go in the winter. You can also take the ferry to Bowen Island to go hiking or over to Victoria to sightsee.

If you're a TV (especially sci-fi) viewer, parts of Vancouver will look really familiar. If you watch Smallville, go to downtown Cloverdale. Then you can say you've walked through downtown Smallville (it's where they shoot their downtown exteriors.). Westminster Quay in New Westminster is where they filmed "I, Robot" with Will Smith as well as NUMEROUS episodes of Supernatural. Riverview Hospital is shut down, but they've used it to film Stargate, Supernatural, Smallville, Quantum Leap and Happy Gilmore.

geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 3:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010