Who goes to hell?

Kinda confused about something sinners that dont repent go to hell right? But the bible says wages sin pays is death so once you died your sins are forgiven and also it's says that the even the unrighteous will be resurrected so....... if you pay for your sins once you die who goes to hell?

Patience909

Asked by Patience909 at 3:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• You have answered your own question, there is no such place as hell.
    dgall3

Answer by dgall3 at 9:28 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• "Serial killers for one."

Funny, because a few months ago a lady here was saying that she's sure Jeffrey Dahmer is in heave, seeing as how he repented and embraced Jesus at the end.... If that's really the company G-d prefers to over honest, loving, caring people who simply didn't believe in Jesus but chose to serve Him in other ways, I seriously question His judgment...

Anyway, to answer the OP's question... according to my religion (Judaism), there's no hell, so no one :) We reincarnate to "make up" for our mistakes we make with our fellow humans. For transgressions between ourselves and G-d, we got through a "cleansing" time in a sort of purgatory that's very unpleasant, but it's temporary, not eternal as the Christian hell.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• According to Christians, anyone who doesn't believe like they do or who they don't like.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i dont know whos going, i just drive the bus ;)
    hotmama83227

Answer by hotmama83227 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• In regards to my personal beliefs.

No one goes to hell.. "Hell" in the common/Christian ideology does not exist in my beliefs.. "Hell" actually is the suffering that one must endure in life due to their past karma that they are carrying with them through the cycles of rebirth and death. Once one becomes enlightened enough for their soul to ascend and become one with the Universal Creator (God, Brahma, Allah..etc) they will no longer suffer the "Hell" of rebirths and deaths.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• the bible says wages sin pays is death

Yes, the wages of all sin is physical death (Romans 6:23) - we age and die because of sin.  But not all sin leads to spiritual death (Hell) because 1 John 5:16-17 says, "There is such a thing as deadly sin...All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin that is not deadly." 

1 Cor 6:9-10 tells us what actions prevent a person from inheriting the Kingdom of Heaven.  But this is a guideline for us Christians to go by, and we are allowed to judge the actions of others as right and wrong, but we aren't supposed to judge the soul of someone, we aren't supposed to tell a person he or she is going to Hell (or Heaven), cuz only God truly knows that.

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 7:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• "This verse states very clearly that if you believe in him that you will go to heaven and not hell. Yes, even serial killers...because Jesus died on the cross to forgive us of our sins."

Then that's a place I'm happy I'll stay out of. I rather be with honest, caring, good people who lived productive, positive lives, but simply believed differently without harming anyone than with a bunch of killers that managed to be "forgiven" because some other guy paid for THEIR sins and they got a free ride.
    I believe G-d is fairer and more loving than that, though. The idea of eternal suffering for being good, honest, positive and productive but believing in something different and eternal bliss and blessings after having raped, murdered and even eaten a fellow human but hey! you did embrace the guy who paid for all that on your behalf just seems... wrong. Not consistent with a perfect, loving G-d.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Those that do not confess with their mouths that Jesus is our savior, that he died to take on our sins, and that he raised from the dead on the third day.

You work your whole life to make other people happy, lead a selfless, good life, yet you deserve to burn and suffer for all eternity because you don't believe in a giant sky daddy.... What sort of an ego demands that, that belief and worship in him is more important than whether you made people suffer or made their lives better?

That is a sad, sad religion.

Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 6:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Well, according to some people.. I am going in a handbasket that I wove myself... :)
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 3:34 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I believe the bible says you have to repent and ask jesus to save you and ask his forgiveness
    child937

Answer by child937 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010