I am preg with my first child im about 4 weeks and a few days and my breasts hurt so much.

anything i can do to make them feel better and when will i start craving food?

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 3:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i dont know of anything you can do :( they just are gonna hurt! but it will get better!
    hotmama83227

Answer by hotmama83227 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• nothing you can do... sorry :( mine felt better around 10 or 11wks i think. it was around the same time that i stopped feeling yucky all around. it gets better. congrats on your pregnancy!!
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 3:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I had a warm heating pad on my breast on and off for an hour and it worked great!
    Stl_mom_314

Answer by Stl_mom_314 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If you have a good, healthy diet, you will not start craving food. Cravings are your body's way of getting a nutrient you're deficient in. It is not normal to have them, ever.

There is little you can do about the breast tenderness --just as there wasn't anything you could do when they were developing in puberty. They hurt because they're changing and growing. A well-fitted supportive bra will stop them from being jiggled around or pinched or bound too tightly... but that just stops making it worse. The changes they're going through only happens once and when it's done, it's done.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• They only hurt in the very beginning. You'll get used to it. I never had cravings.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I don't think there is anything you can do.... I never had any cravings, but I did eat a DQ Snickers blizzard almost every day :)
    LHJ28

Answer by LHJ28 at 3:51 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• The cravings aren't necessarily a requirement for pregnancy but sometimes you will notice some foods taste better than others. I had morning sickness for 5 months so no food cravings for me. If you want to be a bit more comfortable as far as breast tenderness, you should wear a tight fitting bra. Sometimes a padded one will help. One that gives you more coverage will be more beneficial. Push ups and the minimal coverage types won't help and tend to make it worse. IMO... Good Luck and enjoy your pregnancy!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 4:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• wear a tight sports bra it helped me alot and take warm baths or showers and VERY VERY VERY gently massage them with the warm water it helped a bit but didnt make it go away completely
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 11:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• is it okay if i dont wear a bra and just go topless at home or should i wear a bra?
    AliciaLamoreux

Comment by AliciaLamoreux (original poster) at 12:02 PM on Nov. 2, 2010