• In the Spotlight:

Sort of a vent: Am I the only one who got the memo...

at age 16 in driver's ed. that the far left-hand lane is for passing? UGH! Sometimes, I may just have to go a bit faster to get to something important! MOVE out of the way! If a car is going the exact same speed as the car parrallel to them, why won't they just get over? This seems to be happening more-and-more lately. Thanks for listening/answering :-)

kenzie07

Asked by kenzie07 at 3:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sorry but if I'm already going 80 and you are tailgaiting me I'm not getting into the slow lane to get stuck going 50 because you want to go 90.

If you're going 80 in the passing lane it doesn't matter how fast the person behind you wants to go - YOU are in the wrong if you don't move over. It's a PASSING lane, not a choose your own speed limit and make everyone behind you abide by it lane.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Are you tailgating the car in front of you? It's a known fact that some drivers will slow down to "box in" a car that they feel might be driving too fast or unsafely. I have seen this many times on the freeway. I would not endorse this practice.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You just called it a "passing lane"..right? So because you want to go faster do you drive in it? Or do you yourself actually use it to pass the cars going slower then get back over to the right? It sounds like you are one of those drivers that no matter how fast the person is going you HAVE to go faster.
    Anonymous

• Let's hope you never get caught by the cops in one of those aggressive driving crack downs they do sometimes. That's what you are doing btw. I never said I dont get out of someone's way but really, if the speed limit is 65 and I am already going 75 & you come barrelling up behind me going 85 because you are late to your nail appointment, you know, you can just slow your butt down until I can get over. People who drive like that dont even give you a chance to move back over! Your busy little life is not any more important then anyone elses. Everyone has things to do, places go be. Not my fault you left late & now you have to speed across town.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like you are a bully on the road, and may want to get that in check..YOU don't own the road. I don't refuse to allow others to pass,usually they can go right around me, however I will not get stuck in a lane going 50 because you want to go 90. If you have that big of an emergency call 911. It's not your place. There is NO law saying you can't ride in the left lane. There are actually signs on the side of the road that say faster traffic stay in left lane. Anyway who cares, it's your ticket, not mine.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• So now, close out your question by choosing best answer to the person that agrees with your rant the most. That is all...good day.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Most of our highways are 2 lanes theres only certain areas where they turn into 3-4 lanes and when i'm using the fast lane to pass semis or whatever I don't let people bully me to speed up because im already going 5 over im not gonna go 10-20 over for you because you will not be the one to pay my ticket, bail me out or get my vehicle out of the impound! thats the way I see it lol
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I get what your saying. I can be impatient when there is someone going the slow in the passing lane. I get annoyed when they are gonig under the spd limit and are in the far left lane. that is what the right lane is for "min 45mph max 70mph" out here. My biggest issue is the older senior citizens, driving big cars and driving inthe fast lane.. helloooo cant see over steering wheel, go to right lane.i usually go about the limit if not 5 over. I usually stay in middle lane. if im in right lane and theres an onramp, I move over cause most ppl dont know how to yeild lol. anywho. I am not taking sides but after reading all answers, I see everyones point of view. I usually use cruise control as well lol.
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 6:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Before you go telling others to check their drivers manuals maybe you should take a refresher course yourself. IT IS NOT AGAINST THE LAW TO DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT IN THE LEFT LANE. You have no evidence. Because there is none. It is not illegal. If the person is following the speed limit they can ride in any damn lane they please. You will get the ticket for tailgating and speeding, because your speed is always faster than the person in front of you. My stepdad is a motercycle cop. He pulled people over for 22 years.
    Anonymous

• No Sisteract, but if ever I see someone coming up behind me in the far left lane, my brain kicks in and thinks, "Hmmm, I bet ths person would like to go a bit faster than I do, so I might want to get over and let them pass." Why is that such a difficult concept?

Self centered much? Everyone should think this when you are driving around them? Everyone is trying to get somewhere just like you. Do you think you are some sort of emergency vehicle on a daily basis?Move over everyone here comes kenzie! And you are driving aggressivly if you are 20 miles over the speed limit. That's a big ticket! Maybe if you feel you are above the law ans need to drive so fast and need to be somewhere you should practice better planning.
    Anonymous