Is begining of November to early to decorate for Christmas??

My husabnd is deployed and has been gone 8 months, He gets r and r dec 15 and will be here for christmas!!, so my son and I are overly excited and ready to start decorating and getting everything ready to see him! Dec will be 9 months we havent seen him so we are thinking of starting to decorate very soon!! Is it to early??

ilovemyengineer

Asked by ilovemyengineer at 3:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Holidays

• For me that's way too early. I feel like everything is shoved in our faces sooner and sooner every year, retail wise. I refuse to over prepare. Part of the season, is it actually being the season. But that's just me. I know you are excited! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think most people decorate after thanksgiving or after Dec. 1st, But it wont matter if its sooner.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i would do it the day after turkey day
    hotmama83227

Answer by hotmama83227 at 3:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• In my opinion it is. I always wait until after Thanksgiving. If you put it up too soon you will be sick and tired of looking at it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes, it is too early. You haven't even had Thanksgiving yet!

Back in the olden days, Christmas was 2 days: Christmas Eve, when all the shopping and decorating and baking was done, and Christmas Day, when kids got presents, the family got together for a big meal and then went back to 'real life'.

Now, it seems to start at some point in August, and people get heckled if they haven't started their shopping before December 1. I am the last holdout-- it sometimes feels like-- by insisting that at the very least, Christmas cannot happen in any month it is not actually being held in. Until Christmas moves to November, it can't be celebrated in November, k?

Making Christmas into the Huge Quarter of the Year Event that it's turned into makes the excitement unbearable for a lot of kids, who end up with too much hanging on the day, the magic and the presents. For your son's sanity and yours, leave it for a few weeks at least.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• For me, it's too early. I like to start about the first of December. If you use anything fresh, it's going to be brittle well before Christmas, and I use fresh holly and pine from the trees in my yard.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• This is a huge deal. You are excited to see him. If you want to decorate then go for it.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 3:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I personally think it's too early. I wait until the day after Thanksgiving to decorate.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No! If you and your little guy are that excited, do it! Who cares what everyone else thinks. Its about you and your family. If it helps pass the time and you can get everything perfect for when your husband comes home, what a great memory to create for your child!
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 3:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I think so, but you are excited - go for it! Have fun!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2010