• In the Spotlight:

What are some things you do to cheer yourself up when you're down?

I just found out I'm pregnant, I'm not married, I'm a student, and I work a minimum wage job. I don't believe in abortion so I'm going through with this but my dad's a pastor so I have a lot of religious issues I'm dealing with (premarital sex, prenancy out of wedlock, living with my boyfried, etc). In addition to this, my mom's words of encouragement were you know all this could have been avoided if you'd stayed on the pills. I feel really crappy, like a failure to my parents and my faith. I need a serious pick me up!

Dark-N-Prego

Asked by Dark-N-Prego at 4:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• There is no need to feel crappy or a failure, you have been blessed with a gift that a lot of women out there would kill for, and yet don't get. You are lucky if you ask me. What done is done and you should look forward to bringing a new life into this world and feel blessed for it. Your parents will rejoice with you once the baby arrives, no use in dwelling on what should or should not have been done, the past is in the past and we all make mistakes, but I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason, congrats to you and a hug!

Answer by older at 4:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I listen to music and dance around sometimes and act silly.
    I also realize my blessings in the situation and realize it could be a lot worse and is for many others.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Everything is going to be just fine. The best way to cheer up in this situation is to pray. God can give you great strength and guidance. Children are blessings and although it may take some time for your family to be supportive, they will most likely come around. Stay in school and graduate- make your life the best you can for your child. I have 3 and I am still in school, but I'm getting there. I had my first when I was 17 and life hasn't always been easy, but you can always push past the hard times as long as you give it your best. Good luck! I'm with ya on this one!
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I was in the same situation as you 3 years ago, only I didn't have the biological father's support. I was very ashamed and missed church for several weeks. The women's ministry leader noticed and called me. When I broke down and told her what was happening she read to me on the phone Isaiah 54 and it gave me a lot of encouragement :-)
    mz_erica03

Answer by mz_erica03 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Then there is the other way to look at this:

You have created life!
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• EAT MASSIVE DOSES OF CHOCOLATE, IT'S GOOD FOR YOU AND THE BABY! :) And hey, pre-marital sex? Come on everyone does it, just a FEW get caught!
    mommerbean

Answer by mommerbean at 6:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Well if you are religious then you should be thinking this is a gift from God. Baby are a true blessing. Honey you will be okay. You have a family and if worse come to worse you can lean on them. Talk to your family ask for support. You have a strong up bringing and use it to know that things will be better.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• All of my best wishes to you - try to keep up with your studies - it will aid you in the long run.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:27 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Yoga. It is very calm relaxing and lifts my spirts...so does shopping though just for the record...lol
    Aarionna

Answer by Aarionna at 8:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2010