Do you read to your children?

How do you make time to read to them when you work full time?

mz_erica03

Asked by mz_erica03 at 4:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• You read a book or chapter at bedtime.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Right before bed. :)
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We always read stories before bed. This is such an important time that we just make it a priority. Even if you only do it for 15 minutes it is absolutely worth it.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I read to my DS,2, all of the time. I read to my 11yr old and now he's always got a book with him and he reads at a 12th grade level.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 4:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• About 30 minutes every day.
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 4:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I read to anyone who's around. I'm forever sharing things out of the paper, off the net, from whatever book I'm reading.

I'm a compulsive reader and really enjoy excellent children's literature, so I'm just as likely to read that as anything else. I like reading out loud, so it was never something I felt I had to 'make time for' --anymore than most people who work full time think they have to 'make time for' watching tv.

The kids always got bedtime stories, but we'd spend half an afternoon sitting on the couch with a pile of library books, too. Reading wasn't just a bedtime thing... or just a 'to the kids, because we should' thing. Both my kids are avid readers today.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I try to read before nap/quiet time after lunch but we make it a priority to read before bed. Even if it is just a couple of books...it's very important!
    kristinashley24

Answer by kristinashley24 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We read every night before bed time.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We have to read for homework but I also try to read one book before bed
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 4:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I read to my 1 yo son every night while he has his last bottle of the day. Its my favorite time, just us snuggled up in the rocker with "Love you Forever" or some other book.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010