Did you give up/ sacrifice any hopes and dreams to be with hubby?

If so, what?

I am engaged and the thing I know I am letting go of is moving to a quaint little house in a cute, small town. DF HATES small towns woth a passion... All he wants are the big cities and bright lights all the time... I am a little sad but he's worth it... guess I will just have to have my garden in the city haha

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 4:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• No.

I personally did not have to or choose to sacrifice any of my personal goals/desires/dreams/ideals..etc.. in order to be with my husband.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I gave up my beloved waterbed. I loved it, particularly when I was pregnant because I could sleep on my stomach all the way through. I loved getting into it in the winter because it was warm, and in the summer because it kept me cool. I loved the way it cuddled me in without making me feel like I was falling into a hole (I hate soft mattresses!)

Dh hated it, after about 10 years, so we now have a standard queen. I'd rather sleep on the floor. I miss my waterbed, but I'd rather sleep with dh than have it, so there it is...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No, he enabled me to achieve all my dreams.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 5:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Nope, my husband is my hopes and dreams:)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes I put off schooling and moved away from all of my family and friends. I stopped doing this I loved because he couldnt stand them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yep. I had plans all lined up for me to move from Ga to Colorado to go to school when Dh, BF at the time got serious. I put school off and got married instead. I kind of wonder what would have happened if I had had just gone to school like I wanted to...ya know?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I gave up whatever I had to give up. But I knew he would back me up whenever I wanted to do something, and he has. He is in the Army now even though it is not what he wants to do for a lifetime because he knows it will provide for us. He will stay in at least until I am finished with school. Then I will back him up with school or whatever he wants to do.
    I also stopped being so close to some of my friends and family because he didn't feel comfortable around them.
    rochellejames

Answer by rochellejames at 4:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I put off finishing school since my SO wasn't making enough money.... now we are broken up and it wasn't worth it
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 4:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I gave up my career, temporarily, at least because we moved to Japan for his job right after we got married. My teaching license expired while we were there.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 4:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• A chance at a major record label and touring with some major acts in LA.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2010