Who else loves egg nog?

I do! I've loved it for years. I've never had home made, though. Yesterday, we found pumpkin flavored egg nog and I think it's amazing. I'm going to try to find a good recipe and make some this year.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love it! Especially with a little bit of Rum in it! lol
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 4:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I love eggnog, but can't stand the commercially-prepared glop. It's too sweet, and I have no idea at all how they achieve that creepy texture.

Homemade eggnog in Canada is safe, because historically hens that lay salmonella eggs are destroyed, whereas in the US the official policy has long been 'since people always and only ever eat cooked eggs, it's not a real danger to anyone' so salmonella is now endemic and almost impossible to avoid. It is possible to heat eggs gently to make them safe to use (the process is called 'coddling'), or pasteurized 'fresh' eggs can be purchased in cartons.

It helps if you eat your eggnog with rum, I find. Kills all that nasty salmonella that might be lingering...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I love egg nog! Thats how you know its close to Xmas time, when the eggnog hits the cooler at the grocery store!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 4:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Eggnog with Kaluah is one of my favorite winter treats :)
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 4:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I lOVE LOVE LOVE egg nog! Homeade, storebought, light, whatever! To me, it just wouldn't be christmas without Andy Williams, Johnny Mathis, my great-grandmother's ornaments, and egg nog.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 4:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Oh, I do for sure!!!! I have loved it since I was 4 years old. YUM!
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 5:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• love it!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I love eggnog ever since I was a kid but my fiance didnt know anything about eggnog til we met so this time of year he always looks forward to eggnog even the eggnog ice cream made by braums :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• we love egg nog!!!!!!.....somewhere i have a recipe i got from my mil....haven't tried it though......lol....i like the idea of the rum with it......lol....but i also like adding a little cinnamon, nut meg and clove to it!......the pumpkin egg nog sounds good too!.....may have to try and find some!
    bigblueeyes

Answer by bigblueeyes at 4:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• YUM!

hubby hates it though
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2010