How is this possible?

Me and my sisters came frm the same parents and was raised by the same grandparents...but I am the only one that works, attend school, and raise my daughter alone. I have never worked a job for less than 3 months....but my sister both are lazy females who expects the govenment to take care of them and their kids...Even when we were little they always double team me and even now that we are grown they do the same thing. Throughout my 24 years I have only had 2 serious relationship..my child father and my recent ex boyfriend...and boi they hate the fact that I am single...They are in some terrible relationship where they deal with physical and verbal abuse...me I cant find a loyal man that has his stuff together. So I have decided to be single until I meet the right one....less drama. How is that possible that we can all be brought up by the same ppl and allow differnt things in men?

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 4:41 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Afraid all the answers I have sound flippant.

But possibly, you got all the brains in the family?

In all seriousness, it sounds like you have your head on straight. Good on ya and keep on keepin' on!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Well, how can some woman let their boyfriends/husbands beat the crap out them? Maybe they're scared to leave? Maybe they think they can't do better. Maybe they just can't be alone. I don't think coming from the same place has much to do with it. My sisters and I are completely different, we get along though.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 4:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• The short answer is: you're different people.

But the long answer is: because you were raised in different households. While it looked like you all lived in the same place with identical forces acting on you and identical circumstances, you didn't. One of you was the oldest, with two little sisters, which is different from being the youngest with two older sisters. Neither are the same as being the middle kid. You each had your own personality types when you were born, so each of you come to completely separate conclusions about what everything that happens to you 'means' --what you think is important, what is personally insulting, what doesn't matter at all and what is all about someone else. You had different friends, different teachers, different coaches, and your friends' families made a difference in your lives.

Personal history, and it's meaning, makes a huge difference to who someone selects to love. As you have seen
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If my sisters were like that, I wouldn't sit there and criticize everything they do wrong. I would try to help.

Maybe they need guidance, if they want to admit it or not.
    Anonymous

• Everyone is uniquely different and coming from the same family has nothing to do with who turn out to be.

Answer by older at 4:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Two become who come from the same parents came really be totally opposite. I know , because me and my sister are. I am more like my mother, care for everyone ese first. She on the other hand thinks of herself only. You are doing right that's all that matters for you and your family.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 4:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• @ anonymous (whoever you are) I have tried to help my sisters as much as possible. I have even gave them money to start over but they keep running back to there dudes....I tried on numerous occasion even got our father involve...evey since I got my father involve (ecause I have heard and seen bruises) they hated me....even my own mother has less to say to me. I am trying to mend our relationship but they keep double teaming me with my mother involved....I am tired and cant even control my tears anymore...They are stressing me out with their lives....I cant give up on them because they are my sister no matter what they say or do to me.
    mom42107

Comment by mom42107 (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Looks like you just got the luck of the draw. The gene pool I mean. Guess your sisters got all the bad ones. =) But in all seriousness, LindaClement said it perfect. Siblings are just as different from each other as two strangers.
    berrysweetmamma

Answer by berrysweetmamma at 5:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I hate to tell you this, but I have given up on my own sister. She and I came from the same family and were raised in the exact same home, yet she has turned out to be a horrible sister, daughter and even mother. As we speak she sits in jail for domestic violence and my parents have custody of her child. My parents can't hardly support themselves right now and they are being forced to house and feed another mouth b/c my sister is immature and only thinks of herself. Time and time again she has said that she wants a stable life like mine, but time and again she has proven to me that she just doesn't want it. There has to be a point in your life where you tell them that they need to get it together or you will walk away. I have walked away from my sister but I am always there for my niece.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:25 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Because you are all different people.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010