How can I get my 4 year old to eat more veggies?

Michelle262

Asked by Michelle262 at 4:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Present them more often. We do veggies and lunch and supper. If she doesn't love what she had at lunch and only grazes she has another chance at supper.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 4:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Keep offering them but mixing them into other foods is also a way to get then in her while she is in her 'picky' stage. We have at least one 'hidden' veggie in every meal even though my kids DO eat veggies now. It never hurts to add one more!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Steam them, try to make them easier to eat.
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 5:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I try mixing them with other foods - broccoli, red peppers, tomatoes or spinach in quiche...corn, green beans, peas or carrots in meatloaf...peppers & onions in scrambled eggs. Or try soups.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Try putting some of the vegs through a food processor and add to a cheese sauce that can be poured over another vegs or meat.
    3momamber

Answer by 3momamber at 5:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• All of the above, plus try serving with dip sometimes
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I give my family Juice Plus. They make gummies for kids that taste amazing. I tried to get kids to eat vegetables forever and it was a never ending battle. So, when I found Juie Plus I ordered it and they eat them. It's not a replacement for fruits and veggies but it's the next best thing. I know they are getting the nutrition of 17 different veggies and fruits and I get peace of mind not having to worry so much. Juice Plus also has a children's health study, when an adult orders the capsules a child ages 4-18 or an undergrad in college gets their order for free. Makes it so affordable for families to be healthier.
    www.welovejuiceplus.com Contact me if you would like to know more. I was so impressed with the results I became a Rep with the company because I share it with everyone anyway. We get fewer colds, allergies have improved and have less visits to the doctor.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 5:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Offer them all the time. Offer a variety. Make him try at least 4 bites. One bite per age.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Don't give them an option. What should have been done was introduce veggies at an early age. I did this with my daughter and she LOVES veggies.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:55 PM on Nov. 18, 2010

• offer them at every meal and make them appealing by using cookie cutter, seasonings, dips, etc.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 5:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2010