Have you noticed people are driving more aggressivly these days? Road Bullies?

It seems like a lot of people have forgotten that babies, kids, mothers, fathers, brothers, and sisters are in those cars that are in their way.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 4:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yep!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes. People are way to much in a hurry these days
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I've noticed that more and more drivers are in the 'my problems are your problem, not mine' mindset: if something is in the way in their lane, they just move into oncoming traffic without even slowing down, so someone else has to stop for whatever it is.

There is a sense of entitlement --my urgent need to get to the my destination in 90 seconds less time than usual is way more important than your safety-- that I find startling as much as I find it taking over the roads. The number of people who speed up half a block away from a yellow light and end up driving through an intersection on a red light that they had plenty of time to stop for has certainly increased, as have the number of people who mistake 'you can turn right on a red' as 'you don't have to stop at a red light if you're turning right'...

But the rage is as often outrage at the selfish driving as anything else...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Thankfully I have a very short commute to work. I don't have to deal with much traffic. Previously I drove 30 miles to work down a very busy interstate highway, and yes, people are CRAZY out there!
    mama2br00ke

Answer by mama2br00ke at 5:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No I think it's always been that way. I have noticed more distracted drivers on their cells.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 5:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I have definitely noticed this phenomenon. Also, not everyone signals either when they turn. The headlights are getting brighter and have increased from two two to four.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 5:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Bullies for sure. Even on motorcycles! He is crossing over the double yellow line and telling me to move over. Just nuts...Then another guy that felt cut off and goes in the next lane to drag race me! He was a young smart a@@ and crazy from out of state!
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I posted something similar the other day and got bashed left and right for saying I don't let people bully me out of the way on the highway the speed limit is there for a reason and in my opinion just because theres a fast lane it doesn't give you the right to go 90 when the speed limit is 70 I go no more than 5 over!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 5:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I find it amusing when someone comes speeding up behind you, passes you & goes on down the road like a bat out of hell..and then...you find yourself sitting beside them at the red light a few blocks up. Wow, all that trouble & you get stuck at the same red light I do. I usually look over at them & laugh.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 5:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yeah - the really annoying ones are the ones who want to choose their own speed limit, hog the passing lane, and then blame everyone else when they cause an accident because the traffic to their right can't get over when more traffic tries to merge in from an on ramp.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2010