Do you believe in the end of the world

strafyra

Asked by strafyra at 5:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not in my lifetime. : )
    Andriya

Answer by Andriya at 5:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No, didnt you read that article a while back. The end of the world has been put off :)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You mean when the sun expand into a red giant and swallows up the earth? That's billions of years from now.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes, eventually. In 6 billion years, this sun will go supernova and expand, consuming the inner planets (including Earth) before it dies and shrinks to the size of a marble. The moon is moving away from the Earth and will eventually drift off, probably in the next few hundred years, ending the tides. And that's if we don't blow ourselves up or create a supervirus in the meantime.

But one can drive oneself insane worrying about the possibilities of the end, and end up missing out on the very much now.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Are we talkingend of the world as natural process such as the sun expanding int oa red giant etc. Or the world ending as a result of "supernatural" means such as "god" raining down his wrath upon man.
    The first yes, but it's a LOPNG LONG ways aways,. The second, No
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It's round, like a ball --so it has no start and no end.

I don't believe in the immutability of the universe --I do believe that our sun will die so other suns will live, and I'm okay with that, the same way I'm okay with beetles and whales and people and carrots dying as a part of the whole process of existence.

Our planet has changed a lot in its existence, from not being very planet-like at all, to being what it is now --a slowly changing existence, even if we have a hard time seeing or understanding the changes in our short lives-- to what it will become later, which will not look anything like it does today.

I'm okay with the ever-changing body I live in, too --I was born more than 180 pounds lighter than I am today, and have never before had so many white hairs and yet I have fewer now than I'll ever have again--even if I colour over them.

It all changes. It's all good.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:09 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Me personally.

No I do not believe in the "end of the world" . As in : armageddon, the apocalypse..etc.

I believe the earth/world has cycles. The "end of the world" is a change in the cycle.

Like right now, I believe we are living during "Kali-yuga", which is an age (some believe last over 400,000 years..) in which civilization becomes spiritually degraded/corrupt a time when civilization falls into chaos, where greed, war, conflict are the norm..etc.. .. When the end of Kali-yuga hits, the latest avatar of God (some would call this the 2nd coming) will be born into the world. And once again, a new avatar will be bringing people together, spreading hope, spreading love, teaching people how to treat/love/care for one another. When this happens. A new "Golden Age" of man will be upon us..

Thus the cycle.. Not really an "end" to the world.. But a new beginning for man.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes, some day the end of this world will come. Maybe Humans will learn how to live in ships like Star track. And find somewhere else to live.

Answer by louise2 at 5:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Well, eventually the sun will consume the earth as it enters it's red giant phase... all things inevitably must end. Impermanence is a fact of existance. However, if you mean in a Biblical sense.... not really, or at least not in a literal or supernatural sense.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes I believe the world will end one day, how and when I don't know.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2010