did you

get a lot of trick or treaters with no costume at all last night?

I swear I wanted to run inside and make a sign that said "NO costume, NO candy!"
seriously, how hard is it to put forth even a tiny little bit of effort for a costume?!
I lost count how many we had without one and I burned through more candy last nigth than ever before...

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 5:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Holidays

• i do have that sign lol
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 5:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Nope. There were dozens of kids out and they were all dressed up.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Everyone I saw was dressed up! A TON of the parents were too=)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 5:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• HA thats funny cause there were a lot of signs in my neighborhood that said that. I did see a lot when i was out. Or some just had their football jerseys on.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 5:30 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No, we didn't have any that weren't in costume unless you count the parents who were with their little ones.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• some just had their football jerseys on.

these kids didn't even wear jerseys! just really plain clothes.
    My daughter was totally willing to come in and make a sign because we were all annoyed with it-but I told her no- I figured it would be rude...even though I really wanted to!
    charlotsomtimes

Comment by charlotsomtimes (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yup there were, when I was at my moms house, we had these two girls about 13 or 14 years old I think, with no costume. They rang the bell when I opened the door, they didn't even say trick or treat, they said, "can we get the twix the twizzlers, and snickers" I was like whoa wait a min. this is trick or treating, not go to the door and ask for candy....... they said what is the difference, I said if you participate and wear a costume, and say trick or treat, or happy halloween or something like that then I will participate and give you candy, if not then no candy. Can you believe the girls were like, well miss, it might be easier for you to leave your candy bowl on the porch, do you want us to put in on that chair. I said NO, I'm perfectly fine coming to the door. It was so crazy to me........... NO NO NO Candy if you don't participate........

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 5:44 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Damn!- it was almost as bad here- but wow...

I had a couple that after I gave candy just stood there waiting for more...I was like "that's it- I'm running out" unbelieveable! And a lot didn't say trick or treat or thank you

*and for the record I am perfectly fine with giving candy and all that and I don't care how old you are-IF you have some sort of costume
    charlotsomtimes

Comment by charlotsomtimes (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010