Write a letter to be read to the classroom?

I have a cousin in another state. Her class is trying to get letters from as many different places as possible & since im the only family member in another state she is asking me to write a letter in for the class..

But i dont know what I should be writing? She will read this to the class.

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 5:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would write about what your city and state is like. You can talk about interesting sites there, maybe the weather, the population, that sort of thing.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes, I agree with thatgirl70, write about all the highlights of your State. State bird, attractions, weather, what that state grows, what famous people were born there (Presidents) etc. Look in an Encyclopedia about your State for things to put in the letter.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• HOW ABOUT TELLING THEM ABOOUT THE CITY AND STATE YOU LIVE IN, WHATS THE BEST THING ABOUT STAYING THERE, WHATS THE THING YOU HATE THE MOST OUT THERE AND SOME OF THE INNER CITY HAPPENINGS FOR HER AGE GROUP.
    liyah317

Answer by liyah317 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Tell about your state. It really takes only a few facts - focus on fun things, things that are unusual, things that are attention-grabbing and different.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 12:46 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• write about were you live or the differnt food that people eat in the state your in
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 12:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2010

• I'm assuming its to show the kids what other places are like. Ask the girls mom to explain further what its about.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 5:39 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would just send a postcard with a picture of where you live, and tell about the town, what the weather is like now, and maybe about any recent or upcoming festivals or events.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Thanks ladies... I didnt think of the encyclopedia! Great idea..
    I did ask her mom & she was kinda unsure as well.. lol..
    Got to do this!! :-) Cant let the kiddos down!
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 12:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2010