Does your period last longer if you're..... adult content

Sexually active for the first time? I know being sexually active can cause your period to have to regulate again, but can it also cause it to last longer than normal?

DereksBabyMomma

Asked by DereksBabyMomma at 5:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Health

• I had the opposite happen. When I was a virgin, my periods lasted between 7 and 10 days. After I started having sex (I was 20 the first time) they shortened to between 5 and 7 days. My doc told me that there is a link between the two. He coudln't really explain why, just that there is LOL.
    have you been stressed out/upset lately? I know if I am it will mess with my period. Also with me, if I start my period earlier/later than expected it will be heavier then usual. Maybe if this happens more then once you need to go talk to your doc and make sure nothing else is going on. OH, (sorry if this is TMI) if me and hubby have rough sex a couple days before I'm due for my period, it will be heavy that go around. No clue why :)
    LorisChar

Answer by LorisChar at 12:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• If I have sex while on my period which by the way does not happen that often, it usually lasts a few days longer.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I've not had sex while on my period...but I'd only been with a man once before I met my husband. My periods usually last 3 days, now I'm on day 4...and it's heavy!
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My periods were always the same when I was a virgin and after I got married and had sex. I don't think there is any connectionbetween your period and sexual activity. This is sort of like an "old wives' tale". I don't think I have known any women who noticed any difference.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• According to my doctor, you're wrong. There is a direct link for a lot of women.
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• If you knew the answer, then why ask here? Telling other women they are wrong for giving their input is bull. We are not doctors anyway.
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• It's not the answer! I was saying that sexual activity causes periods to sometimes be late! Which btw, I said in the question! So, before you start bitching me out, you should start reading everything!
    DereksBabyMomma

Comment by DereksBabyMomma (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2010