So I've been trying to eat...

enough calories to at LEAST maintain my weight since this baby doesn't seem to like me eating after 4PM these days yet somehow I'm gaining weight. I've added the 300 extra calories for the baby and still am not eating enough to gain weight??

My family has big babies regardless of weight gain, so I'd like to stay in the 20lbs range with this pregnancy. I'm MUCH more active then in my last pregnancy, especially considering my job is waitressing where I'm constantly speed walking around for 8hrs. I'm just confused. The only thing I can think of is that maybe I'm retaining water already at 13 weeks? Last time with my pregnancy I gained 55lbs, WAY too much and if I hadn't of had a c-section, I'm worried how I would have pushed my son out (eek!) haha.

Do you guys have any recommendations for keeping my weight healthy and in check or any ideas as to why I'm gaining weight? 8lbs gained at 13 weeks is NOT good for my weight

ours

Asked by ours at 5:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Im in my second pregnancy now.I was a size 2 when I was pregnant the first time and didnt show till I was like 5-6 months!! HOWEVER-I was a size 10 when I got pregnant this time and Im HUGE already!!!!My boobs have swollen twice their size and I look 6 months pregnant,not 6 weeks. I was a server during my first pregnancy and the exercise was wonderful!!!It kept me a healthy weight.(only gained 25lbs)Your body just doesnt react the same to the 2nd pregnancy. Ive found NOTHING is the same as it was the first time.UGH. I plan to get that book "What to Expect-THE SECOND TIME AROUND" since it will be totally different. You gain weight a lot faster Ive heard,but symptoms take longer to show up.Good Luck!!!
    EmilysMom105

Answer by EmilysMom105 at 10:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2010