If they told you there was a water shortage, what would you do if you couldn't do all the things that you normally would do like take a shower daily or wash clothes or dishes daily?

How would you handle that would you go off the deep end? Or would you just adjust and hope things get better as time goes on?

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would conserve as much as possible.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquifer

AQUIFER.....definition,in case anyone is curious.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i'd be pissed lol considering the town i live in we get our water supply from a natural spring
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Well I don't shower everyday now, I shower everyother day and wash up on the day I didn't shower. You could use paper plates and things like that (but it will make a lot more trash......Laundry clean it with less water, by hand..... It would really suck, but we would have to adapt somehow.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 5:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I'd wear non-smelly things twice, I'd use disposable plates/ cutlery and try to microwave more stuff than use pans. But I'd still shower everyday, I only take about 3-4 minutes now.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would learn to adapt. With the showering part, I would do me and SO in 1 shower, then my 3 sons in another, and then do the same with my 3 daughters lol. I like to think there is a way around any problem in life, its just finding a solution that works for you.
    Creating78

Answer by Creating78 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I'm from Southern CA, we have these every few years. We let the lawn go brown. Put a 2-liter bottle or milk jug in the toilet tank to lower the water used. Cut showers short. Do only full loads of dishes/laundry. When it gets really low, some people found ways to divert their gray water to water gardens and/or flush toilets with.

And let's not forget that ever popular phrase "If it's yellow, let it mellow! If it's brown, flush it down!"
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I have had to live without water as a result of a hurricane....for 5 days....so I think I have a few ideas how to make do. Shower every three days. Wash only really dirty clothes---wear them for several wearings if they don't "stink"....never run the water continuously in the sink while brushing your teeth. Many more...that's just a few.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• You adapt. You have no choice. 

earlgrey

Answer by earlgrey at 9:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would be very sad....I love long hot showers, and need to wash a lot of clothes and dishes and babies! lol I would NOT water my lawn. I like a dried up lawn anyway...less grass to mow!
    carol2m2

Answer by carol2m2 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 2, 2010