Peircing Ears...

How soon would you pierce your babies ears?

Mama2BabyTaurus

Asked by Mama2BabyTaurus at 5:54 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not until they were old enough to ask
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I did my DD after her first set of shot (2 months)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 5:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I agree with MommyH2, as soon as they're old enough to ask, AND take care of them.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• When YOU are ready. This is a very personal decision that only YOU can make. I chose to do my DD when she was 9 weeks old. My best friend got her daughters done at 6. There is no magic age to get it done. You just need to do your research and dexide when you think is the best time for your daughter.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I got my daughters ears pierced when she was 3 weeks old and before anyone tries to bash me remember MY CHILD NOT YOURS :)
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My daughter got hers done at 3 months.

I don't see any problems with it at all.
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• we got our dd's done at almost 9 months. The only problem we had was that she was pissed a stranger was touching her.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• When I got her ears pierced-she cried for like 30 seconds. No harm. I did it with my sisters too, so theirs memories behind my daughters pierced ears. Great Mall of America trip!
    Chell.o_0

Answer by Chell.o_0 at 6:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• not until they are old enough to ask and old enough to take care of their own ears. To do so before hand makes no sense.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I've known two kids who had to have outpatient surgery on their earlobes because of the pierced ears. One was got terribly infected despite constant care. The other child, the earring got caught in bedding & ripped her earlobe. The doctor recommended after they fixed it that the mom not try to get the ear pierced again because it would risk tearing again. I guess if you are willing to take the risks you can do it whenever you want.
    Anonymous