What happened to my period???

I had to stop my BC in the middle of a cycle (on the 12 week one) and I haven't gotten my period and it has been almost 4 weeks since I stopped. I can't remember the last period that I did have. I went to the dr to make sure that I wasn't pregnant and I am not. Should I be worried that it isn't coming? I have also had a lot of stress going on in my life and could that be effecting it too?

mwallace1023

Asked by mwallace1023 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Health

• Did your doctor say if it was normal while using this BC?
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No i only saw my PCP not my OB/GYN so I never asked that question.
    mwallace1023

Comment by mwallace1023 (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would call your OB just to make sure all is well.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I agree with Amelia, call your OB/GYN. It could very well be stress related but better to ask a professional.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't be too worried about it, especially if it's been only ALMOST 4 weeks. Stress can affect our periods as well as medications--and because every body is different and there are many medications, there's no specific amount of time it will take for a body to get back on it's own schedule after stopping a medication.
    Cookie618

Answer by Cookie618 at 10:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• When my husband and I decided we wanted to have a baby I stopped my BC. I got my period like 3 times in 12 months. We finally got pregnant a yr after I got off!!
    BobiSue106

Answer by BobiSue106 at 1:53 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Sounds like your period turned into an ellipsis.
    SlightlyPerfect

Answer by SlightlyPerfect at 10:02 AM on Nov. 2, 2010