I'm 36 wks and 4 days and I have already dilated 1cm from you gals experience how soon after starting to dilate did your water break???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your water doesn't just break because you are dialated. Dilation is not an indication of labor unless you are making change every hour our so. I was 5 cm for 6 weeks one time, and about 3-4 with the others.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Remember that everyone is different. I was dialated 2 cm for 3 weeks before I went into labor and then I was induced because of high blood pressure. If you are trying to get labor started I would suggest walking around and staying active.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It doesn't always mean labor is near. With my first I was a 1 for four weeks, a 2 for two, a 3 for one, and then I was at a five when I went into labor, and the doctor broke my water.
    With my second I was a 1 for three weeks a 2 for one, and at a 4 when I went into labor. I was dilated to a 10 and my water still didn't break even when I pushed. So they broke it and out he came.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Oh btw I was 35 weeks 4 days when my first was born and 39 weeks 4 days with my second.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 6:29 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Oh Amelia, thats the most beautiful thing I heard all day! They broke it and out he came! lolz!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• haha I do what I can. lol
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• hun your water doesnt always break. and dialation doenst mean anything, i was 4cm at 28 wks with dd and she was born at 38 wks and my wtaer had to be broken. with ds my water broke at 37 wks and i was 3cm.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I was 36wks when i started dilating and i got was 2cm by the time i was 37wks and i was loosing a little bit of my mucus plug but my water never broke but i was in pain bc the baby was so low. My doctor came in and told me at my appointment that he was going to send me into the hospital to break my water and give me something to help me dilate but i never got higher than 6cm and the baby wasn't coming so i wound up getting a c-section witch I'm proud of lol bc my vagina is still intact that's what i worried about the whole time i was pregnant bc the stories i heard
    nicole341

Answer by nicole341 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• But who knows see what your doctor says all women are different you could dilate slowly or fast some people dilate real fast but usually labor isn't far behind
    nicole341

Answer by nicole341 at 8:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• FYI, those checks don't mean a thing. Women can be closed up one day and holding a baby the next, and some women can be dilated to 4 cm and nothing for months. Some women have their BOW (bag of waters) break early (though rare), but for most women, contractions start before the BOW breaks. For some, it never breaks, and the baby is born in the caul, meaning in the sac. (this is perfectly safe, BTW) I wouldn't put too much weight on those checks, or, frankly, even bother with them.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:31 AM on Nov. 2, 2010