What would you have done/do?

I went to the local medical clinic today, that is a feat all in itself.i have to find someone to babysit my twins and then bring my 3 yr old with me. well my appointment wasat 2pm today, i arrived at 1:30pm and got called back immediatly. they put me in a room and i wait for the doc. it's now 2:30pm i have been in this room waiting for an hour. i go to the nurses station and tell them ive been waiting for an hour, they tell me the doc gotcalled to the ER andthey call back to the ER and they say she'll be bac in just a few min. i cont to wait, its now 3:00pm..still now doc. then i go out to leave & the doc is there in the hall, she is standing there chit chatting with the nurses! i say i need to be seen and she says she'll be there in a minute. i wait till 3:30pm and she's STILL chit-chatting!!! so i left. i need to be seen(meds) but it'll be forever until i have another babysitter for the twins.:(

mywonderyears

Asked by mywonderyears at 6:11 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would have said something. Especially if you were there for over an hour waiting. very rude. if it were my mother she would have given them all an ear full. Me not so much lol... I would have told them that I really did not appreciate being told you will be right in to see me and leave me there. very unprofessional. maybe change dr.'s? if thats possible??
    mommyoftristan

Answer by mommyoftristan at 6:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• that is absoultely rediculous, you should be able to go on the hospital's website and complain to someone in charge and if at all possible look into getting a new doc. But she shouldn't get away with that, she has superiors that she has to answer to so make they know of her complete lack of professionalism

sorry about the typos
    DianeMary

Answer by DianeMary at 6:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Instead of leaving the 2nd time around (esp. since its so hard for you to get a babysitter) I would have just told them I need to be seen immediately as I have been waiting for hours and I have two other small children who I need to go back home to. Honestly, Ive waited longer than that at doctor visits and dentist visits. Its annoying, but what can you really do? GL to you.
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 6:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I dont understand why I got voted down for that, lol.. I wasnt being rude?
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 8:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I'd have definitely said something. That was rude of her and terrible bedside manner.. considering she never made it to the exam room!
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 5:15 PM on Nov. 2, 2010