I WANT TO GO DEEPER, BUT...

I am so glad for this CM site but something happened. I had lunch with a friend who told me that a comment I made somehow showed up on her computer. The comment I made was the added information from a post I gave regarding "The View." on CM. She doesn't belong to any group such as this. When I asked her to read it to me, she did and said it was a very informative response. Has this happened to anyone? Your post popping up on random computers. I thought you had to be a member. Apparently not. I wonder if these have popped up on my husband, or kids sites, or...you see where I'm going. Should we care?? Just wondering.

ladylovemm

Asked by ladylovemm at 6:12 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I thought it was for members only? This is news to me too.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• A profile can be made private &/or for members only.

HOwever, anything that is posted is not private and can be easily searched for and found.. Not to mention, if a person has answered a question/post/ or has posted something on a specific topic, those things can be found/pop up in the search when performing a search in regards to that specific topic.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Maybe she googled something and your comment showed up.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Not to mention that anything posted in this section and many other sections is public and can be searched by anyone.  YOu may want to read this Privacy Policy

Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• A post couldn't randomly pop up on someone's computer. They would have had to be specifically searching for it, either your posts or the topic the post was about.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• I read the privacy policy and took out info that I thought may be interesting to you all and put it in this comment section...it didn't appear. You all may want to look at it and therefore get a better understanding. This taught me about really reading policies before I sign.
    ladylovemm

Comment by ladylovemm (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• Ok, read it, so, To enrich our Members' experience, we display some personal information to other Members and visitors...Keep in mind, that certain basic profile data cannot be hidden...including verification services, data services, as well as public sources...This information may include the browser you are using…and browsing habits. Please be aware that certain personal profile information is displayed and cannot be hidden. Specifically, your screen name, photo, number of kids and location entered on your profile…[and] may appear…potentially for some time period after your membership is terminated…[and] accessible to Members and non-Members, and CafeMom has no control over how those users may use your personally identifiable information…
    ladylovemm

Comment by ladylovemm (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Nov. 2, 2010

• (continued)…We may, without your consent, access and disclose your information, any communications sent or received by you, and any other information that we may have about you or your account as may be permitted or required by law (including, but not limited to, court order or subpoena), or to prevent or investigate suspected fraud…Additionally, we may disclose your information in situations that we believe to be emergencies involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or property if we believe that your information in any way relates to that threat. (I’ve read so racy stuff in CM)…we are unable to update or delete any of your personally identifiable information that has been shared with a third party as permitted in this Privacy Policy. THOUGHT YOU MIGHT WANT TO KNOW.
    ladylovemm

Comment by ladylovemm (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Nov. 2, 2010