Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Friend Is In Trouble

My friend was messing around with her best friend's man & now she's pregnant by him.He said he's not going to pay child support when the baby is born,so she said she would sue him.But he said if she does,he will tell her best friend about their affair.What should she do?

Answer Question

Asked by My_Darling_Luna at 6:18 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

Level 9 (339 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • She already betrayed her friend by having sex with her boyfriend, so that friendship is already over. Sue the guy.

    Answer by Bmat at 6:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • let her sue and let him tell the best friend. this is a child on the way, and they are all adults.
    sorry if the best friend gets upset, but again she's a adult.
    the child's welfare comes first.
    better that the best friend finds out the truth sooner than later.

    Answer by ItsMe89 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • What's done is done. You don't think she's gonna find out who the dad is another way?I guarrantee it won't be a secret whetgher she sues him or not. The friendship is in the toilet. Seriously, he needs to take responsiblilty and pay for his kid.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • TOO BAD!! for both of tem! You both made the mistake and you have to live with the consequences. I hate people like that, you have to tell your friend that her bf is cheating and with you and we are prego. She might not have a friend any longer but NO SHIT!! You dont sleep with your friends or familys SO! Period!
    OH AND HE HAS TO PAY CHILD SUPPORT! no if or buts about it

    Answer by kiansmom0423 at 6:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • He HAS to pay child support!!! He doesnt get a choice there!!!!! The friendship is over, she screwed up!

    Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • First I think she needs to tell her friend what has happened. If she was women enough to sleep with her BFF's SO then she should be women enough to tell her about it. Also if the boyfriend does not willingly pay child support then she will have to sue him, but either way he will have to pay. It is such a terrible act when a friend sleeps with their best friends man - she was never a true friend then, and the man, what a loser "the girl is better off without them both" I feel bad for her, poor thing, this is going to be a lot to handle :(


    Answer by sheloveearth at 6:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • How nice she cares enough about her friend to make sure she doesn't find out about the baby, but will sleep with her man. Geese what a moron.. Sue the guy, and tell your 'friend' what a lousy friend you really are.

    Answer by Amelia512 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • NOW she's concerned about what her best friend might think? Maybe she should have thought about that before she slept with her boyfriend... No offense, but your friend deserves whatever's coming to her, and so does the guy. If he's the father, he SHOULD pay child support, and she SHOULD go after him for that. As for her friendship with her "best friend"... She should just accept the fact that's probably down the drain. Who wants friends like her in the first place?

    Answer by Anouck at 6:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • tell her to tell him Ill see you in court in 9 months.... I kinda think its funny how he would blackmail her with his g/f... apparently he does not care about what he did. I pay child support just like every other non custodial parent. what makes him any different. he is a doughe bag for trying to use his girl as a pawn and for cheating. my opinion. the both were wrong and now they made their bed they lay in it

    Answer by mommyoftristan at 7:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

  • If she wasn't whoring around with another girls man, that question wouldn't have to be asked. But since the best friend should know anyway, I would say take him for the child support. The friendship is down the toilet anyway...

    Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 7:47 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.