Stuffed Animals

My daughters room is small and I need to down size the toys. How many stuffed animals do you think I should limit it to? She is 7 years old.

Shines3

Asked by Shines3 at 6:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Keep the favorites (I'd limit the number between 5 and 7) and encourage her to help donate the others. Explain to her that there are children living in shelters who do not have any toys. Let her know how scary that can be and how having a stuffie to hug can help a child. You can clear out the stuffie clutter while letting her feel important to be helping others.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 12:48 PM on Nov. 3, 2010

• Go to amazon.com and look up "stuffed animal chain." We got one of these, got a hook we connected it to from Home Depot, and it works awesome for keeping the little critters handy but out of the way at the same time.
    Anonymous

• Keep her favorites. You could get that corner net for them so they are not on the floor. Depending on the size, Tell her to pick 10 - 15 favorites.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:33 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• does she actually 'use' any of them? or are they just decorations? if so, get rid of all of the ones she isn't into to. they're just taking up space. chances are, she won't even miss most of them.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• That is a hard one, I know how fast the stuffed animals can get out of control. If there are certain ones she really loves and room is limited, try looking for one of the hammocks you can hang in the corner of the room, I had one for my son and it fit a lot of toys and was cute decoration too.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:57 PM on Nov. 2, 2010