What do you think?

My son who is 22 months old comes to work with me everyday. ( I work at a daycare) It seems like my son is one of the biggest brats b/c he is always around me. If I were to get a job away from him would it change his behavior any you think? The only break I get from my son is on Friday nights when he goes to his nana and pap's house. My husband works as a delivery man so he works during the day from 11-2 then 4-11 most nights so he doesn't get to see his daddy as much. When it comes to minding me my son doesn't unless I use our form of punishment and even then doesn't always seem to work. My bosses son is almost 4 and is the BIGGEST brat ever. My son is awful but her son OMGOSH! I just don't want my son to be like this. Would a job away from me be beneficial for my son or putting him a different daycare center even?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Is there any way he or you could be moved to a different room? It sounds like this is not an in-home daycare but an actual daycare center.

I think both of you would benefit from being in separate rooms.
    DeeDee323

Answer by DeeDee323 at 6:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• IMO: yes. He needs to learn to listen/ respect his teachers. Then he would also have a different relationship with you. I see it happen where I work too.
    Just a little story: I was the nurse consultant for my son's daycare. One day the director called me to tell me that my son was bitten by another child and it broke the skin. I asked who bit him. She wouldn't tell me because of confidentiality. But I'm the nurse, you always tell me. I can't tell you because it's your child. Huh??? It was her son, My son told me. LOL.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 1, 2010