A second American Civil War if Obama doesn't win???

My hubby saw an article on the internet (The Drudge Report) that said "blood will run in the streets" a second American Civil War if Obama doesn't win...

I would assume that the implication is that his black supporters would instigate this, but surely not?

If I were black, I'd be offended at the assumption that war would break out if Obama loses. It implies that black Americans are hoodlums in my opinion.

I hate to sound naive, but what reason would there be to start a war if he loses in a fair election? There won't be "hanging chads" this time around in the voting booths, but we can only assume it was a fair election if Obama wins?

C'mon people! We as a nation are better than that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I believe something is going to happen. A civil war? Maybe. I hope not! But many of his "followers" are so passionate. I don't think it's a black thing, though. On the contrary, it seems that the white ones are more outspoken about their views. If McCain is elected there will surely be accusations of cheating, poll fixing, etc. I keep saying I can't wait until this election is over, but I fear it's only the beginning!
    Anonymous

• Then WHY in the WORLD would you vote for an uneducated, rich old man if you support Colin Powell, because he is a Republicant, or because he's also black, and you wanted to sound PC on this post??
    Anonymous

• This is the OP. For the record, I voted for McCain. I don't feel Obama has the experience needed YET anyway. I think he'll get there though. I have no problem with a black person holding the highest office in the land. Frankly I wish Colin Powell would have run. Not only would I have voted for him, I would have run the local campaign office - LOL!
    Anonymous

• Well why does everyone label Obama black? He is also half white! and i dont think that there is going to be a war? buy who know we americans already killed millions twice before.
    I AM A OBAMA SUPPORTER
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 1:25 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• This "Blood Will Run In The Streets" article was written by Erica Jong in an Italian magazine. She also said the she and Jane Fonda and a handful of other has-been actors, writers and other liberal trash are having back spasms (more like brain spasms, I think), sleepless nights, and other psycosomatic pains in the fear that Obama might lose this election. It is all hysterical left-wing absurdity and a lot of emotional trying to get back in the spotlight. For the full article go here:

http://www.observer.com/2008/politics/erica-jong-tells-italians-obama-loss-will-spark-second-american-civil-war-blood-will-r
    Anonymous

• I suppose this is the real 'fearmongering' that seems to be going around. I would hope that the people who voted for the candidate that doesn't get elected would be intelligent enough to realize the impact this would make on our country. It would be stupid to start a conflict within our own borders while the world watches and waits for us to weaken enough to attack us again. And that last part isn't fearmongering, it's my own opinion of what will come no matter who gets into office.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• BTW- my post was aimed at 1:24, who's post was there when I was responding, then they changed their post to anonymous. ;)
    Anonymous

• I agree that it is degrading to all Obama supporters (of any color) for someone to suggest there will be violence if he loses the election. As a devoted campaign volunteer, I will be horribly disappointed if the Republicans are allowed to lead our country for another 4 years, considering where they have led us to thus far. But I won't go out and loot, vandalize, or shoot people.

Fortunately, it appears that the majority of citizens in our country prefer Obama over McCain, so it looks highly unlikely that I will have to deal with such a disappointment.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 1:29 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I read the origional article. You have to copy/paste to the address bar to get there. Erica Jong and Co. are lunatics and the silly twats have gone completely round the bend on this.
    Anonymous

• I would have voted for Powell because I admire his military service and think he would have a very good chance at bringing the war in Iraq to an end and fighting the war against terrorism. Also he's Republican and I generally sway that way although not always.

I know what you mean about wanting this over! :o)
    Anonymous