potty training.

speech delayment and potty training..

how do you do it? he's 3 and is not happeening he hates the potty he begins to cry as soon as he gets on the potty or even mention the potty..

Jewels1986

Asked by Jewels1986 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Have you tried making it fun? Try getting him to sit on it with his diaper on and let him watch his favorite TV shows and toys if that work gradually get him to watch it without diapers. It want happen in a day you just have to be patience and consistent.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 6:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Talk it over with the pediatrician. You might want to wait a little longer.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:57 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I took the diapers away completely. I bought a lot of character undies. I made a huge deal each time he went. The first 3 days we stayed home. I took him every 30 - 45 minutes. The second day I took him every hour or so. The third day he was trained. The key is to take the diapers away completely. Wait until you think he is really ready, then make sure you can stay home for 3 days. My son was 3 1/4. Give him m&ms when he goes. Sing songs.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:01 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• ive tried it call.. as soon as you even mention the wod potty.. its all tears and whining.. i cant do grown man stinkie.. ..
    Jewels1986

Comment by Jewels1986 (original poster) at 7:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Have you tried getting his father in on the potty training? I've noticed that boys tend to do as daddy does. If he sees how daddy goes potty, and if you keep mentioning how much of a big boy he'll be, he may stop crying about potty.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:48 PM on Nov. 18, 2010