Toddlers and pillows

First off at what age did you let your child/toddler have a pillow in their bed full time? I am so paranoid that after my son goes to bed i take the pillow out. And second does anyone else"s child sweat alot when they do use the pillow? I notice when my son is using a pillow he sweats and is alot more warmer than usual. Anyone else's kid like that?

ldylancer03

Asked by ldylancer03 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Logan has been using a pillow for about a month now, he'll be 2 next month. He doesnt sweat like that, though. He wears feety sleepers with no blanket. But no sweat cuz of the pillow. I feel safe with the pillow, you just have to watch him, and see that he places his head down on either side. You do whatever you feel is safe fro him. But he should be fine.
    m0m2twoboys

Answer by m0m2twoboys at 1:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• With my 5 year old it was almost instantly, she was conjested all the time and slept better on an incline. But I would put her pillow under her mattress sheet so she couldn't get under it ( plus I used a sleep positioner early on to keep her in place). That was however 5 years ago. My 7 month old hsn't had a pillow yet. But I imagine around a year old I will let her have one. And both my girls sweat in thier sleep period.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 1:59 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• thank you ladies...i am sure i have nothing to worry about. there are times that he gets up in the middle of the night and gets it off the floor next to the bed where i leave it and i get up in the morning and he has his pillow...i like the under the sheet idea. i might try that. thanks.
    ldylancer03

Answer by ldylancer03 at 2:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Marian has been using her pillow since she switched to a toddler bed just a few months ago. she will be 2 1/2 in December and has had no problems with it. I have more irritation from blankets than pillows because Marian and Brandon both have wrapped the blankets around their head and laid back down on them which I've gone in their rooms and corrected. She does sweat during the night but so did i for a very long time when i was a child and her long hair makes it a bit worse. Theres nothing wrong with checking on your kid during the night, I do, and if you are worried about the pillow and it gives you peace of mind i say, keep doing what your doing and take it away when you go to bed =)
    rainbowrays85

Answer by rainbowrays85 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• My 27 month old has had a pillow since 7 or 8 months old. He had terrible reflux as a baby and once he could roll off the sleep wedge I would just prop him up on a pillow. He has 2 regular pillows in his toddler bed, one at each end, and also 2 travel pillows that he puts beside himself. He always sweats no matter what so I don't think it is the pillow necessarily. Oh and he will not sleep with out a pillow now.
    EtiesMommy

Answer by EtiesMommy at 5:28 AM on Nov. 1, 2008