Moms who dress up for Halloween: Anyone else already planning for next year?

I was SUPPOSED to be Columbia (from RHPS) this year, but I gained a bunch of weight after changing my birth control, and didn't lose it in time. So, next year I'll probably be Columbia. I'll probably be making most of that costume.

How about you? Any ideas for next year already?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 6:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Holidays

• My family and my brothers family are going to dress up as characters from Alice in Wonderland!
    Me-white witch
    Hubby-One of the queens cards
    Daughter1-Queen of Hearts
    Daughter2-Cheshire Cat
    My brother-Mad Hatter
    His wife-Alice
    Their daughter-the rat from the tea party
    Their son-the white rabbit
    Mystery kid (she's 2 months pregnant right now)-the caterpillar
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 7:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• My kids and I were watching AFV the other night and they had a guy dressed as an older lady with a wide butt holding a sighn "have you seen my dog" (or something on those lines) guy walkes away from the camera and stuck in the butt of the costume is a small dog....Cracked me up! "Why not do that next year mommy" my little 9yr old boy says! I almost pissed myself laughing so hard. ~smile~
    Suzie2mom

Answer by Suzie2mom at 8:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I try to kinda match the little one and after too much sewing this year, I'm thinking cardboard and foil robots with real flashing lights. I refuse to choose based on my intention to lose weight. Life is too short to let food dictate my life.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 6:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Im not planning for next year, but just wanted to say me & a few friends always wanted to all dress as the RHPS characters! I was going to be Columbia, lol.. But it never happened. :(
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 7:04 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• That's awesome! If hubby gets in shape (he's not really overweight, but he's really out of shape right now, since he just went back to work a few months ago) like he wants to, he's going to go as Dr. Frankenfurter. Hopefully I'll be able to fit into the stuff I'm working on next year lol. Then, I'm hoping one of my friends will still go as Magenta. We still need a Riff Raff (trying to talk another RHPS fan friend into going as Riff Raff, since he's about the right size and has the bone structure), Rocky, Janet and Brad. We're going to try to get a friend to go as Eddie, too.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I dress up every year. I never know what I'm going to be until like 2 or 3 days before Halloween. I just go out and try on a bunch of different costumes. Whatever catches my eye the most is the one I buy. Last year I was a pirate. This year I was a ladybug.
    ProudMami2008

Answer by ProudMami2008 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 2, 2010