ouch!

Ok so my hip is just killing me. Its makings my whole leg feel "heavy" its hurting from the small of my back to my toes. I think it might be my sciatic nerve but what can I do to ease it?? No way I sit or lay or stand is helping it at all. I've tried propping my feet up, usin a heating pad and a warm bath and no luck. Please help!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 6:59 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When i was pregnant and my hip was bothering me i found out it was because my hip was out of place. was told to do squats making sure my back was straight. After i did about five of those i was told to stand up straight with my feet shoulder length apart with my hands on hips and to roll my hips clockwise 5-1ou can times and then to do it counter clockwise. it helps put your hip in place and you can do this as many times as you need to. I hope the helps. good luck
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I have sciatica cause by a herniated disk. Before I knew I needed surgery, I did 4 weeks of physical therapy. Try laying on your tummy on the floor for a while, 5 minutes or so. Then push up onto your elbows and rest there for a minute or 2. Then back down for a 2-3 min, then back up for 1-2 min. Repeat for maybe 10-15 minutes. If it helps, I'd guess it's sciatica and maybe more. I'm not a doctor though; I can only attest to what I went through.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Im 27 weeks pregnant so I can't try that:(
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Chiropractor and/or massage theropist
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 1, 2010