i want to know

what are your plans for thanksgiving and christmas

dement

Asked by dement at 7:15 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• First holidays in a home we own. The family will pick a holiday and come to us, dang it! Other than that, no plans yet. Too much food and drink WILL be involved.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:17 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Our plans well,on Dec. we are going to Great Lakes to watch our son graduate from Navy bootcamp and then not sure when we will be coming back.If we are back for Christmas we will be going to my moms.
    sassy8970

Answer by sassy8970 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Thanksgiving i will be home with my husband and son. I will have two roommates here with their mother and sister. all the women are going to do the cooking. We will have snacks through out the day and we plan to be eating by the early after noon and my husband plans on watching the game and the men will be cleaning up. I'm not sure about Christmas i think we will be going to my mother's for a little bit and then going home for the rest of the night
    Justins_mommy05

Answer by Justins_mommy05 at 7:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Thanksgiving will be at my MILs house, but she invited herself here for Christmas. At least we won't be making the trip. Last year it was really icy and hubby rolled his jeep because he felt he had to go to her house for the holiday. Thankfully, he was all right and the girls and I had stayed home.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Thanksgiving is always at my house, I love to gather everyone and cook special dishes, my secret ingredient is lots of love, and for Christmas we gather at my house too, only because I have a really big house that accommodates everyone.

Answer by older at 7:26 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i wish i knew! we are in the process of moving/buying a house..and the only thing we DO know is that my dh will be in the new city/4 1/2hrs away by T-day..and with any luck, we'll have a house to close on, and be moving during the xmas holidays.
    normally, we had T-day at our house, with all the family. we're in a different town, 4hrs away from family presently. and on xmas, we always had our own family xmas, with visiting the family (both sides) at some point around the actual day of xmas.
    again, i wish i knew!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:37 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• i am having thanksgiving down here because it is 'my' holiday. christmas is my sister's holiday so we will go to her house, but idk if it is on christmas day or maybe the next day if my husband wants to go to his mother's house for christmas dinner. i wish i lived closer to my family, but they are 2 1//2 hours away so that stinks
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We take cruises during the holidays. It allows us not to have to dress up and sit with extended family we really don't care to eat with and then the discounts are amazing so.....gotta love it
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 8:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• We are meeting my brother and his family in Dallas. We're going to the Thanksgiving Day game...Dallas vs. Saints. My first NFL game. Christmas is at our place. My parents live in town and will join us. Still waiting to find out if my brother and his family will be able to come to town to spend it with us too.

psgilbert

Answer by psgilbert at 8:48 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• No plans...staying home as usual, fixing a family dinner, we do not travel or visit for holidays. Too dangerous.
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 9:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2010