IS spotting off and on normal while breastfeeding?

My DD is 8 months old and I have been spotting here and there for several weeks. The first time it was a brownish discharge and lasted only overnight. 3 weeks later I had bright red bleeding for about 8 hours (very Light). Here we are about 3 weeks later and I have brownish spotting again but this time it's a little heavier. Is this normal? When I nursed my first daughter AF returned when she was 13 months old but it was like a normal period, not just spotting here and there.

Mommyx308

Asked by Mommyx308 at 1:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my aunt (we had our kids 7 months apart) well she had no periods, but i just spotted
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 1:33 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Mine was all jacked up... for the first 3 months no period now here i am at the 6th month and i just had spotting... very odd. i have taken pg test and have all been neg..
    Anonymous

• My baby is 3 months old and I have spotting about every 2-3 weeks, I think it's normal... I'm not worried anyway.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2008