Colic baby

how old do babies stop having colic?

dement

Asked by dement at 7:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• It depends, but it is usually within the first three or 4 months or so.

Answer by older at 7:23 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• hmm dont know for sure and it probably is different for every child. My daughter had it, it was bad and lasted for several months. Cant remember for sure how long it was but I think up until she was about 4 to 6 months I would say.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:24 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• my son stopped when he was 3 or 4 months, i can't remember exactly
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• my son was 6 months but he still cried all day til he was a year, it just wasn't colic crying.. have you tried gripe water ?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Most improve by 3-4 months, but for some it's not until 5 or 6 months or even later.

If it turns out to be GER instead of colic (they don't know for sure what causes colic, but there are many theories), then it will usually improve by 6 months or when they start solid foods, but they may continue to have some problems later on. My DS has a moderate case of GER, so he had colic like symptoms for his first 6 months. He still gained weight adequately, so it wasn't a severe problem. It improved significantly after 6 months, but he still has problems now and then (he's 2 now). I think it probably feels like heartburn does to an adult, and he gets inconsolably fussy when he has problems with it. We tried to keep our DS upright after eating and fed him smaller amounts more often than average each day, and that seemed to help him spit up less and gain weight adequately.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 1, 2010