Military life

Why does'nt any one inform the wife's of the military that your whole world will suck and it will seem like you are a singel mom more than any thing else??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah, single parenting with an absent hubby. It is an amazing world but I wouldn't change a thing - until he retires :)
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 7:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• That is actually a pretty well know fact of military life. Sorry you are having such a bad time though:(
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:32 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Sorry momma, I have learned that you have to surround yourself with good friends and get involved with something that gives you interaction with other people. Church,MOPS, spouse groups....ect. Just make sure that you chose your friends wisely and stay away from the ones that like drama (this will only make life more miserable) If you can make a few good friends that are military wives and understand what you are going through life will be so much better and you will have more support than you know what to do with. I dont know what I would have done over the past year without my friends.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Unfortunately, that's the way it goes in the military. At least there are lots of other wives going through it with you. Do you have any fellow wives that you have bonded with? It's always nice to feel less alone in the world. Hang in there, mama.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:36 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• yeah, it does suck huh? just surround yourself with non dramatic friends and you'll be ok. find a playdate group, it took me about 3 groups until i finally found the right one, with moms i actually got along with lol. they were 'down to earth', the others, well, weren't. lol. you'll be ok though. stressful. if your hubby is deployed, which i'm assuming he is, and you're having one of those frustrating/gloomy/lonely days, just remember if you keep close friends, keep yourself busy, time will fly quickly and soon you'll be back in his arms again :) you aren't the only one going through this!
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:42 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Well if you didn't know before hand maybe you should have been married. Being a military wife myself I knew that I was going to be pretty much a single mother. The job comes before family when it comes to military life.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:56 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• *shouldn't
    mommy_of_two388

• Yes, it sucks. I wish I had advise to offer you, but I had to go it alone too. Being an Army wife with no base nearby meant I had zero support and no clue how to use the systems that were supposed to be there for me.

But I know a place you can find support anytime (well, besides here!): www.militarywives.com
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 8:00 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I was once a military wife and although my husband got out before his sea duty came back around, I never did get to experience what it was like for him to be gone for months on end. I KNOW it must be tough and hard, but just remember that he is out there doing his duty to defend his country and his family. It is such an honorable thing to do. Make the best of your time away. Stay busy. Get involved with other military wives that support their husbands.
    I miss being a military wife. Some of my best memories are of when we lived away and had only each other to lean on. I still keep in touch w/some of the ppl I met. That was over 25 yrs ago. Best wishes!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 8:22 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• it sux but i always remind myself..i knew he was in the military before we got together..he loves his job and wouldnt change it for anything or anyone! im 100% supportive of my military man! just think ....if he has a career in the mititary he get to retire pretty early! my husband only has 9 more years and he retires at the age of 39! :)
    ghschik04

Answer by ghschik04 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 1, 2010