schools used as voting sites..

Is your childs school a voting site? Is school in session for tomorrow if so?

foxracing43701

Asked by foxracing43701 at 7:49 PM on Nov. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• No, our voting site is at teh civic center, it makes no sense to me why they would use a school, there seem to be plenty of other public places that would not be so in the way.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:20 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• yes and no, They closed schools to use the school for voting. I think it is completely stupid. There are so many other places available in this area why take the school day away from the children who should be there to learn
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 8:02 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes. Yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• truthfully i have no idea if it is or isn't used for voting (my voting place is at the firehouse, but idk if they have it at the school also), but yes they have the day off tomorrow. when i was teaching in nj they were open sometimes during election day and sometimes they were closed (they had the voting at the schools there).
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Our schools, no. But growing up, my schools were and during presidential years, we were closed.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• yes, but the school is not closed because the voting is done in the Gymnasium and they can miss PE for one day. :-)
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:08 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes and no. They are using it for parent-teacher meetings all day.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• Yes the elementary school is a voting site for this area. In the last area I lived in, it was in a church and before that a retirement home.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:10 AM on Nov. 2, 2010

• my son's school is a voting site but school is in session...the school is on the end of a dead end road...traffic at drop off and pick up is going to be crazy according to the school...my son rides the bus though and they enter in the back of the school so it shouldnt be a problem. His last school always used the day for a teacher meeting day so the kids didnt have school that day.
    foxracing43701

Comment by foxracing43701 (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Nov. 1, 2010